Best Self Help Books for Women On Life, Love, & Health
I’m an AVID reader! I love self-help books, so I thought I would share my favorites. So, here is my list of 10 best self help books for women on Amazon and you can find them all on Amazon. Most are available by on Kindle, if you want something instant! (I LOVE to hold a book in my hands, but sometimes I want the book NOW) The 10 Best Self Help Books for Women on life, health, and nurturing that I’ll be sharing, are my personal favorite and have make a huge impact on my life!
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was given this book for Christmas when it first came out in 2007. This book was instrumental in my life as I was beginning to re-think the path I was walking along in regard to my career and what I really wanted out of life. This is NOT a “how to” book, but rather a simple book sharing the journey of Elizabeth Gilbert. She reached a point in her life where she was questioning her choices in marriage, career, and life in general. Every page was a genuine outpouring of her desire search for meaning and love. I’ve also seen the movie and Julia Roberts did a great job capturing the essence of the book.
2. You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. A great description from Amazon about this book, “Louise’s key message in this powerful work is: If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed. Louise explains how limiting beliefs and ideas are often the cause of illness, and how you can change your thinking…and improve the quality of your life!” This is a favorite recommendation as a one of my best self help books for women on healing your life.
3. Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar. I’m an herbalist and aromatherapist, and this book is a great overview of using herbal help to support common issues that is particular for women. I own Healing Streams Wellness Center for women, and this is a reference book I find valuable in that center. I personally have experienced periods of stress and burnout in my nursing career, and this reference has been a great support for me. Great herbs at Mountain Rose Herbs.
4. Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief By far, this book gave me a great “ah ha” into understanding my own personal burnout experience. I felt like I was experiencing “adrenal fatigue” which I do know is not a “medically accepted” term at this time. I was experiencing extreme fatigue, exhaustion, and feelings of overwhelm. When I read this book, I cried. FINALLY, I found something that made sense to me and it explained my situation. I created teas and things like “adaptogen balls” that I could use to support and nourish my body. I use Mountain Rose Herbs for most of my herb purchases and really love their quality.
5. Mind Over Medicine by Dr. Lissa Rankin. I loved this book. This was about a woman’s journey, similar to Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love, except it’s about a physician, which is great, because since I’m a nurse, I felt I related specifically to her struggle in Western Medicine. A very moving journey of Dr. Rankin. I found this to be a one of the best self help books for women on life journey.
6. The Wellness Workbook by John W. Travis, MD was a textbook I used during my training as a Wellness Coach. This book was instrumental in helping me heal during a severe time of burnout in my life. I use it daily as a tool when sharing with others now as a Wellness Coach. This is the one of the best self help books for women on wellness that I know of! Truly one of my favorites!
7. Healing Your Family History: 5 Steps to Break Free of Destructive Patterns by Rebecca Hintze. I love this book. Let’s be honest. Many of us have “stinkin thinkin” and it can come from destructive thought patterns developed from childhood. I found this book to be very helpful to me personally as I worked through the “why” of my though patterns. I have found this to be one of my favorite self help books for women on working through destructive thought patterns.
8. One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer, Phd. This is a nice little book that can be a life changer. When you learn you don’t have to do it all at once, or take huge impossible steps; you will be amazed at your progress in reaching goals! One of my favorite for sure!
9. Forgiveness: 21 Days to Forgive Everyone for Everything This was a great book. Bitterness is as the root of so much stress and even physical problems. It’s imperative to explore this subject especially if we want to grow past what may be hindering us.
10. How to Hug a Porcupine: Dealing With Toxic & Difficult to Love Personalities Great book on learning to deal with the difficult people in our lives, and how to set boundaries.
11. Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life Clutter will destroy our peace! I totally believe this! It’s unreal what clutter does to compromise your peace and even productivity. This is one of the best self help books for women on how to declutter.
I hope you enjoy my book suggestions for self help books for women! I certainly found them to be life changing.